Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Journey Fast

21 Day Journey Fast for World Peace

I have had a "calling", for quite some time now, to do an extended fast for Peace for my own Body/Mind/Spirit and for Worldwide Peace for all Beings. Yesterday, Monday, May 30th, I set off on this journey!

I am increasing my Body/Mind focus to achieve Optimum Health for myself and contribute to Peace for the World. We are in a time of great change for the Earth and all her beings. To contribute consciously to this change I am deepening my personal/global commitment. Now is the time for all aware beings to "step it up" and be the change, more completely, that we wish to see in the world. The change I wish to see is our world to return to wellness and balance. If we are not well and in balance, we cannot be at peace. So I am setting off into a "fasting journey" of 21 days, to deepen my own wellness/peace and to add to the collective achievement of that consciousness globally.

Those that know me know I'm not carelessly setting off here. I've done many 7 day water fasts, with the longest being one of 14 days. So 21 days will be a stretch. I am fasting on distilled water, and my own urine. This is an age-old method that promotes self healing. (More to come about the urine later.) AlsoI will stay real with the fast, if need be I will shift gears by first adding lemon juice, then wheat grass juice if needed, and then veggie juices.

I am sincerely opening to this journey for the highest good of all and will let wisdom, not ego, guide me. Fasting has been one of my most dear practices through the years, so I am very familiar with the terrain.

I became a vegetarian in 1969, 42 years ago. And have been vegan for many years. During those four decades I have consistently fasted several times each year. Originally I fasted with the seasons, and now, over the last few years, doing Fasting Cleanses here at Thunder Mountain almost monthly. Also most weeks here on the Mountain we do a one day liquid fast from Sunday night dinner into Monday night dinner.

The fasting has helped me stay in balance with my diet, my weight, my emotions, and helped me to step through and beyond Lyme disease. I've fasted on distilled water and juices and have done many herbal cleanses. Bhante would say we must cleanse internally as we do externally, so the fasting has aided me to let go of "toxic stuff" and become healthier, happier, younger and stronger.

Over the last couple of years I've had an extended fast "calling" to me. Then one day I got clear it would be 21 days. Then later I realized that our PeaceWeaver community has been together 21 years now - coincidence or not, the fast is here to honor all the efforts made by all Weavers of Peace during that time, but  especially the core group that has walked it step by step for 21 years.

When it first became clear I thought it was just for me and our community, but then I realized of course it's meant for "all our relations", the Circle of Life. So I am answering the call of my own path, my own soul. In so doing I call out to anyone who hears this to listen more deeply and completely to your own calling, and perhaps deepen it right now, even over the next three weeks.

Already people are committing to small fasts during this time, or eating just veggies and fruit, or returning to spiritual practices daily and nightly. If this touches your Heart, may you activate your own first, and together may we send out prayers of Wellness, Balance, Love and Peace to all beings in all realms...

I will be posting daily during the fast.

In Deep Devotion,
Greg Lynn
May all Beings Be Well and Happy!